Hold an Event
The Adult Learners' Festival
The Adult Learners' Festival has become a firm fixture on the adult learning calendar with events taking place nationwide. The Festival highlights the value of adult and community education for the individual, communities and the economy.
How can you benefit from holding an Adult Learners' Festival event?
The Adult Learners' Festival offers your group, organisation or venue the chance to have a positive impact in your community or workplace, promote the value of lifelong learning, reinforce existing partnerships in the community and establish new ones. The Festival is a great opportunity for you to:
- Highlight your organisation's commitment to adult learning.
- Highlight the importance of lifelong learning to public representatives.
- Promote existing training opportunities in your area, or launch new initiatives.
- Signpost adults in the community to further education and training opportunities.
- Build new partnerships or strengthen existing ones.
- Trail and develop new areas of work.
- Attract new learners to your organisation.
Who should organise an Adult Learners' Festival event?
Any group, organisation or venue with an interest in adult learning can get involved. Here are some examples of organisations who have organised events in the past:
- Adult Education Guidance Services
- Local Area Partnerships
- Small, medium and large businesses
- Chambers of Commerce
- Community Development Projects
- Community Education Groups
- Cultural Centres and Heritage Institutes
- SOLAS Projects and Training Centres
- Family Resource Centres
- Local Employment Services
- Museums and Galleries
- National Organisations
- Prisoner Education Projects
- Training Centre Skillnets
- Students Unions
- Trade Unions
- Universities, IT's and Colleges
- Vocational Education Committees
- VTOS Centres
- Youthreach Centres
Where to start...
- Click here for an A-Z of Adult Learners' Festival Event Ideas
- Kickstart your imagination by viewing the themes of the Adult Learners' Festival
- Adult Learners' Festival Local Links are available throughout Ireland to give you advice and guidance on how to plan and promote your Festival event in your area.
What can AONTAS do for you?
AONTAS will support your group/ organisation and its event(s) through a variety of promotional resources and a nationwide promotional campaign including:
- Local and national press releases
- Local and national print advertising campaigns
- Local and national radio coverage
- Event listings on the Adult Learners' Festival website
- Social Media campaign
- Online Festival Map
- A bi-monthly E-bulletin
- A free promotional pack with information booklets, give-aways and posters
For tips on promoting your event, click here